Moorpark Farm Tours - CLOSED
Moorpark Farm Tours - CLOSED
Secure your spot today by using our online booking tool!
EDUCATIONAL TOURS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Underwood Family Farms strongly believes in the importance of education for our young. We strive to make learning fun and hands-on so that what they learn on the farm will stay with them. We offer a unique farm experience especially tailored to the educational needs of school groups. Children of all ages can enjoy an outdoor learning environment filled with new secrets and discoveries. From large classes to home schooled groups, the farm tour experience at Underwood Family Farms is sure to not disappoint.
Please note: If you require more information than what is available on the website or you need to make reservations, please call 805-523-8552.
We welcome schools and groups to visit our family farm to enjoy the beauty of Ventura County and to gain a positive farm experience. Our strawberry, vegetable, pumpkin, animal, & combination tours are very educational and lots of FUN! All tours are conducted at our location in Moorpark.
Listed below are the four different tours we offer at the farm. Please click on each link to see a more detailed description and for pricing.
* ALL ATTENDING PARENTS MUST PAY
* TEACHERS AND AIDES ARE FREE (Home school groups click here)
* TOUR PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
These guidelines have been set up to ensure that you arrive at the farm prepared and knowing what to expect. Underwood Family Farms is a fully operating and working farm and could be a potentially dangerous place. Please read the rules on the Underwood Family Farms' Pick-Your-Own page and stick to the following guidelines. For a list of suggested items to bring on your tour, please see below. Thank you!
Please Read Carefully
- Please BE ON TIME, have payment ready and see the Tour Guide when you arrive. WAIT to unload your bus until after you have seen the Tour Guide.
- Wear comfortable, flat-soled shoes. You will be walking through our fields / orchards / animal areas.
- Please try to have one adult per 15 children (for those 8 and under) to help supervise.
- If your group is to be more than 15 MINUTES late, please call to confirm your arrival at (805) 523-8552. Tours groups more than 30 MINUTES late will be cancelled and will need to be rescheduled for another day.
- All produce harvested from our fields will be placed into bags or containers provided by us. Please do not bring your own bags or containers.
- All of our farm animals are on a specific restricted diet. Please DO NOT bring food from your home to feed them. Appropriate animal feed will be available for purchase if you wish to feed the animals.
Underwood Family Farms appreciates the opportunity to present our operation to you. Please remember that farming is our livelihood, therefore, please respect our fields and stay within the areas designated by your tour guide. Have fun, but remember, stragglers & strays may be asked to return to their vehicles or HUNG BY THEIR TOES FROM THE NEAREST TREE !!!!
Suggested Items to Bring on Your Tour
- Sack lunch
- Wet wipes, antiseptic gel, or soap and clean towels
- Quarters for the animal feeders
- Stickers to identify child's bag
- Marker to write child's name on bag
- Drinking water
- Extra pair of shoes (if field is muddy)
- Jacket (it may be windy)
- Hat & sunglasses