- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Maldon* salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 blood oranges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
Toss the red onion with the vinegar and season with Maldon salt and white pepper. Let stand at room temperature until softened, 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Thinly slice the oranges crosswise, removing any pits. Arrange the oranges on a platter and scatter the red onion on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with Maldon salt and white pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve.